WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 Sketch #008 Our Sponsor is A Day For Daisies


Our week passes by so quickly I feel that our Wednesday's roll into each other.  
On the 1st March it was the start to our Autumn (Fall) and you would think that the weather gods knew it was the change of season over night as our temperatures have dropped dramatically in the evenings.  Last Monday evening at 9pm it was 20c and last night at 9pm it was 13c what a change.  A friend text me today who has just moved to Queenstown in the South Island and said it was snowing to the mountain range there, it looks very pretty but very cold. 
Welcome to another wonderful Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.  It was lovely visiting all of your blogs and seeing which was your favorite sketches and that extra twist of Monochromatic which was totally a first for me, I did enjoy it and I will make another monochromatic card with a Vintage feel I think and image.  Congratulations to our winner and to our top 3 cards great work everyone.
By the time you've started reading this posting I've hopped on a plane and I'm in Australia a fleeting visit to Sydney for 3 days and 2 nights.  So I'll be back by the weekend to comment on your creations.

This week we have another lovely sketch Sally has created and this week we were able to choose our very own images from our sponsor
Tammy Thompson the owner of 
A Day For Daisies
 I just adore her images they really make my creative juices run wild.

Sketch #008 


Here's my card using Garden Bonnet, you may recall I used a similar image last year from A Day For Daisies which was Delivery Bonnet.  I love these sweet images they remind me of 'Holly Hobbie' which I was totally in love with when I was a very young girl.

This week our sponsor is the very talented Tammy Thompson the owner of 

A Day For Daisies

A Day for Daisies

Bio:

A Day For Daisies began as a small token to a constant need to create. Pairing a love of whimsical illustration, with a tidy graphic design background, Tammy S Thompson, produced her first stamp designs, introducing irresistibly sweet stamps to crafters around the globe. Drawing inspiration from the beautiful world around us, she strives to express the happiness and gratitude she feels in each stamp design she creates.
Presently, A Day For Daisies has grown to over 3,000 Digital Stamps with a quickly expanding line of Best Loved Clear Polymer. A Day For Daisies has been published and awarded over the years for innovative and unique designs created to inspire the crafting community. With a whole team behind her now, she remains passionate about illustration, obsessed with quality, and dedicated to her customers. A Day For Daisies thanks you for your ideas, comments, and creativity!


This week Tammy is offering our very lucky winner 

$12.00 Gift Certificate 
from her online store

You can check out Tammy's totally amazing images and these images are being updated all the time check them out for yourself



Don't forget to drop by Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and check out what the design team diva's design this week especially for you.

Challenges I'm entering.




 Card Recipe
 1. Base: White SU
2. Coloured Card: Peach Glow, Coral and Sage Green Bazzill
3. Design Paper: Tea at Elise's Collection by Kaisercarft and inside my card is a floral from Rosies Collection.


4. Image: Garden Bonnet by A Day For Daisies
5. Colour Medium: Copics
6. Tools: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Classic squares, lacy squares, a corner cutter, pop dots, glue dots, really tacky glue, Cherry Lynn leaf die and cuttlebug flower embossing folder.


7. Embellishments: Orange and cream Roses, orange Carnations, peach and cream ribbon.


8. Embellishments: Orange Carnation, cream rose buds and peach ribbon.


9. Inside my card which is left blank for someones private message.

Take everyone wishing you all a wonderful week and thank you for taking the time out to visit my blogs.


14 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous design and fab colouring.

Thank you for joining in the fun with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Mrs Beez said...

The green with those peachy tones is very stylish and your interpretation of the sketch is so pretty.Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

anne said...

This is totally gorgeous, love that image and the colours are beautiful. x

Patti P. said...

Hi Kathie, hope this finds you well and relaxed after your mini vacation. Miss you girl.
This is one gorgeous card, Love the color palette you used and I agree with you, what a beautiful image!
Your coloring is perfect!
hugs....

Sharon Basel said...

This is stunning Kathie! Your colors are beautiful and the papers are just perfect with this beautiful image. Absolutely breathtaking. Hope your trip is fun!
Hugs,
Sharon

Lisa Lynn said...

Kathie, this is gorgeous! I agree she looks like Holly Hobbie. Love your color choice. And wow on all your details! Hope you have a wonderful and safe trip. Thanks for all your kind and supportive words.

sweetbloominscraps said...

Kathie, what else can I say, but that this card is absolutely gorgeous!!!!
I love the soft peach and green that you have used. Beautiful coloring too! I do hope that you are doing well. Hope your time in Aussieland is wonderful!
Hugs, Judi

Sherry Eckblad said...

Such fantastic coloring of that sweet image. Thanks for joining us at ADFD!

Linda Anderson said...

Wow, there is so much gorgeousness on this card Kathie!! Love the papers, your darling image, the fabulous papers and those wonderful flowers. Guess I love everything about your card!!!

Linda

P.S. My son will be studying abroad in the fall (Aug-Dec -- spring time for you) in Sydney!!

Joanna M. said...

This card made me sigh and remember my OBSESSION with Holly Hobbie and Little House on the Prairie when I was a kid. Such a beautiful card! I love those colors together! Hope your trip is fun!

Heide said...

Such a sweet card, reminds me of Holly Hobie.
great flowers and ribbons.
Hugs, Heide

julie said...

Hi Kathie Your card is gorgeous i love the colors you have used. Your coloring is perfect. Julie x

mulberry station said...

Kathie, I am in awe at this card. It is so stunning and your color combo is so warm and inviting. Beautifully done all around. We are starting into spring' although we never got a winter this year. I think we are really going to have problems this summer with water supply. My grass is so bromw and I really hope I can revive it. It is so frustrating to do all this myself. Stay warm and I hope you have a grand weekend.
Hugs, Nancy

Sally Dube said...

I love these images too!! Ours are quite similar =). Katie, I just adore your papers - such a beautiful color scheme, your card is absolutely gorgeous!!
Blessings to you!!
Sally