WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Wednesday 9 April 2014

Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 Sketch # 218 Sponsor Fresh Brewed Designs

Looking through a window into the garden.

Good morning and welcome to another Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.  It was lovely to see so many great entries this week and also so many of our followers used an image from our sponsor which is even more special.

Congratulations to our winner and to our Top 3 cards, it's a hard one to choose this week as there were so many wonderful entries.

I know you're all looking at my card and saying why hasn't she used paper like the sketch?  Well I was out the other day in this emporium shop and came across design papers 12x12 sheets which caught my eye.  They were 50 cent each which was even better.  But it wasn't until I got home and realised that all the papers were K & Co designs which made me even happier.

I found this beautiful paper which went perfectly with this lovely image I'm using from this week from our sponsor Fresh Brewed Designs.  Then I thought it was too pretty to cover up with other design papers so I had this idea to use a clear acetate cover for binding as paper and I then put it through an embossing folder to make it look like that you were looking through a window to the garden outside.


This week we have another blast from the past and Sally's computer hadn't been repaired in time.

Sketch #218 

 Here's my card using Blooms and Butterflies by Fresh Brewed Designs
 Here's my blast from the past which we used August 2013 


This week our sponsor is the lovely Heather Dennis illustrator and owner of
Fresh Brewed Designs

Fresh Brewed Designs

Bio:
Hello, I am Heather Dennis, the owner and artist at Fresh Brewed Designs.
I love and do all I can to put God first in my life. I am so blessed beyond all I deserve.
I have an amazing husband who supports and loves me more than anything. 
We lead praise and worship together in church. I love hearing him sing.
I home school two of the best kids in the world. They are my heart.
I can't even describe how much they mean to me. 
I LOVE all things crafty. I have been crafting and creating since as early as I can remember.

Here is a little about our shop:
Fresh Brewed Designs is a small online company that has been 
offering a wide variety of digital 
 and rubber stamps since November 2010,  designed to meet the 
needs of paper crafting addicts 
everywhere. With over 30 categories to choose from and 
new additions each month, our range of products is expanding all of the time.  

We also have BIG NEWS for 2014!  
Every month this year we will be giving away 
BLOG CANDY! 
We would love for you to visit our blog and facebook pagewhere fresh ideas are always percolating. 

This week Heather is offering our very lucky winner

3 Free Digis

from her online store.

Don't forget to drop by Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what the rest of the lovely ladies have created for you this week.

Challenges I'm entering:
 3x Gems, 2x Solid Papers, 1x Deign Paper and Flower

Card Recipe: 
 1. Base: Petunia by Bazzill basics paper
2. Paper: White SU
3. Clear Acetate 
4. Design Paper: TC Cottage Garden Mixed Floral
 5. Colour Medium: Copics
6. Tools: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Classic Squares, Divine Swirls embossing folder, real tacky glue, pop dots.
7. Embellishments: Ribbon flower which I'm not happy with, jeweled brad, clear gems. 
 8. Silver gems and this paper is embossed with green glitter it's just so pretty.
 9. Clear window using acetate for my window.
 10. Inside my card.


Take care everyone wishing you all a wonderful week and happy crafting and I'm so looking forward to seeing this weeks creations.



21 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

WOW- your card is incredible with the glass look. The image is gorgeous and the paper is incredible! You make masterpieces inside and out!!! Have a terrific week.

Unknown said...

Fabulous Design....thank you for your valued support in entering our challenge, without you we would have no challenge.and I do hope you will join us again next week...for another fab challenge....
Hugs
Suzy B Owner Fan-Tastic Tuesday Challenge
XX

Crafty Judith said...

Hi Kathie ty for entering your fabulous make at Fantastic Tuesday and very good luck. I also have candy on my own personal blog if you fancy having a go http://judithsadorablecreations.blogspot.co.uk/ Hugs Judith x

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Well, I totally saw the sketch in your card. Love your take on it and how you even used it on the inside! GORGEOUS!!! I smiled when I read the title then saw your 'window'. Such a fabulous, creative, and beautiful idea! Gorgeous paper! Beautiful shading. Wonderfully happy card!

It is always an honor to sponsor SSW!
Have a blessed day,
Heather

Jenn Borjeson said...

Oops - we require the use of our images in our challenges at Just Some Lines. Please do try again! :)

Hristovica said...

Beautiful spring card. I like the idea of ​​a transparent embossed cover.
Thank you for participating in our challenge at Creative Card Crew.
Adriana DT

Heide said...

Love your window. Great minds think alike! What a great idea, using the acetate. Super work. Hugs, Heide

Sharla said...

What a brilliant idea to use acetate and emboss it, what a unique look it gives to your beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!!
sharla~ :)

Sherryn said...

this is gorgeous Kathie, love the colours and papers xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a beautiful card Kathie.
Thanks for join us at
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

Karin

Joanna M. said...

I loved the idea of the acetate and the window! Clever girl!! As always, beautiful!!

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Gorgeous card Kathie! Love everything about it. I love how you created that boy with ribbon. I never thought of doing that. Awesome coloring on your image. Fabulous card!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Digi Stamps 4 Joy!! Hope to see you again for the next challenge. Have a fantastic week!! Hugs, Gloria DT

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Deonna B said...

Gorgeous card and design. I love that paper and the embossing.
Thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with TTCRD this week and please come and play with us again.

Art With Heart said...

Gorgeous card Kathie! Like your idea!
Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge!
Hugs,
Ina DT

Desire Fourie said...

Kathie this is a beautiful creation with great details and perfect for our ‘ADD WINGS’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Linda Anderson said...

Oh Kathie, you are one creative lady! Love the embossed acetate! Your card is simply beautiful.

Linda

Aluna said...

Interesting project. Beautiful spring window. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew. Good Luck, Joanna DT

Sally Dube said...

Gorgeous!! The papers are beautiful and I just LOVE the ribbon flower!!
Blessings to you Kathie!!
Sally

carol said...

ooh gorgeous card, thanks for playing along with our monthly challenge
at BEARLY-MINE x carol

anne said...

This is gorgeous and I love your ribbon flower x

Jan said...

Super spring card thanks for joining us at CCC xx Jan