WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Wednesday 28 May 2014

Walking Bonnet


Welcome the my blog, here it is 28th May the end of the month already.  I woke up yesterday morning to our first frost for winter and you could feel the nip in the air.  It's a long weekend here in New Zealand this weekend so its nice to be together with the family.

Today is Wednesday and that means its another 
Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.  Congratulations to our winner from last week and our Top 3 card, awesome work everyone it was so good being able to visit your blogs.

It's the end of the month and we always have a twist to finish off the month.  This month we're revisiting a Sketch from a Blast from the Past.  We're using sketch #192 which we used on 6th February 2013.
The twist this month is to create your card using P is for purple.

Sketch #192

Here's my card using Walking Bonnet and P for Purple.


Here's my blast from the past 6th February 2013 over at 
Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
Isn't it funny my card was made with tonings' of mauve and purple. 


This week our sponsor is 
Tammy the owner and illustrator  of
A Day For Daisies

Bio:
A Day For Daisies began as a small token to a constant need to create. Pairing a love of whimsical illustration, with a tidy graphic design background, Tammy S Thompson, produced her first stamp designs, introducing irresistibly sweet stamps to crafters around the globe. Drawing inspiration from the beautiful world around us, she strives to express the happiness and gratitude she feels in each stamp design she creates.
Presently, A Day For Daisies has grown to over 3,000 Digital Stamps with a quickly expanding line of Best Loved Clear Polymer. A Day For Daisies has been published and awarded over the years for innovative and unique designs created to inspire the crafting community. With a whole team behind her now, she remains passionate about illustration, obsessed with quality, and dedicated to her customers. A Day For Daisies thanks you for your ideas, comments, and creativity!

Tammy is offering our very lucky winner 

Prize:  $12 Gift Certificate

from her online store.

Don't forget to check out what the rest of the design team and created this week using Tammy's images from  A Day For Daisies over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.

Challenge I'm entering:

Card Recipe:
1. Base: White SU
2. Coloured Card: Mauve, Purple, Apple Green and Cream card from Kaisercraft
3. Design Paper: Garden Arabesque Collection from Kaisercraft
4. Colour Medium: Copics
5. Image: Walking Bonnet by A Day For Daisies

6. Tools: Double sided tape, glue dots, pop dots, glue, real tacky glue and glossy accents for her boots.
7. Embellishments: Purple Satin Ribbon under the cream lace, lace flower, purple stick Pin which I made, cream pearl heart embellishments.



I made the pin and lace flower with leftover lace.


  Cream lace with purple self adhesive ribbon underneath to give it a little more colour.

8.  Inside my card.

9. The Back of the card:

Take care everyone wishing you all a lovely week and happy crafting.


25 comments:

Blossom Cards said...

lovely image and colours on your card thanks for sharing with brown sugar this week Rachel dt

Joanna M. said...

Wow, this card is beautiful from front to back, Kathie. You do meticulous work. Such a gorgeous image and sooo beautifully colored. My favorite part was the stick-pin thingee (do you make those?) Really lovely!

Malika said...

Very nice card, love it

Malika

anne said...

I absolutely love this Kathie, it is beautiful. The papers are so pretty and your image is beautifully coloured.
Hope you have a lovely long weekend with the family. We had our long weekend last weekend and I hope you have drier weather than we did xx

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card Kathie, the colors are beautiful!
Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.
Hugs,Sandra

Sherryn said...

gorgeous card Kathie. xx

Unknown said...

Kathie your work is outstanding, love it and have joined as a new member of your beautiful blog....also, I am having a 'help me reach 550' candy on my blog...come in and join up and the fun...Annie

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Beautiful card! I just love your pin and a sweet image. Thanks for joining our challenge at Creative Card Crew.
Big hug, Yvonne

CraftingMum said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy. Louise x

Linda Anderson said...

What a beautiful card Kathie! Love the lace and stick pin. Such a wonderful vintage feel to it, I love it. Enjoy your weekend.

Linda

Karen Oliver said...

So pretty Kathie, embellished perfectly and you just have to love Sunbonnet Sue. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Kathie this is such a beautifully crafted card! Love the colours and that gorgeous ADFD image. Congrats on winning the ADFD challenge. Hugs, Wends x

* Shell B.* said...

Fabulous card, great image & design! Reminds me of the Sunbonnet Sue that is used for quilts.
Glad you joined us for the challenge at One Stitch At A Time, hope to see you come back soon!
¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska ~ OSAAT DT ~

Josephine said...

Absolutely gorgeous and so beautifully coloured.

Thanks for sharing it with us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

Heide said...

Such a beautiful card this week. Loving all the lace and your great lace flower. Thanks for the reminder about he purple, I was already working on a blue card in my head!Have a super week. I am a happy girl, my last day of work was Friday and now I get to enjoy the summer, until early Sept when I return to work. I have a long list of projects to do, starting to work on my craft area. I am starting to lose things under the mess, LOL! Have a great weekend.
Hugs, Heide

Margaret said...

Such a beautiful card. Love the colors and dp that you used. Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time. Good luck. Maggie - DT

Mojca said...

oh it's so very pretty and gorgeous! thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. hugs! Mojca

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such a pretty card! Love the color scheme and the fun stick pin!

Thank you for participating int he OSAAT Challenge this week!

Sally Dube said...

Gorgeous card Kathie!! Love the cute image and I adore the ribbon lace and embellishment!! Absolutely beautiful Thanks for the awesome Post over at SSW2 - love how you featured the image name along with each DT card - wonderful!!
Blessings and hugs to you!!
Sally

Unknown said...

Wonderful card. Thanks for joining our vintage/ shabby Chic challenge at Creative Card Crew. Hugs Tania xx(DT)

mulberry station said...

Kathie, I am really wow'ed by this card..it is stunning. I was so excited to see that you had won over at ADFD. Congrats!!! My computer keeps crashing and I am having a hard time posting comments....aughhhh.. anyway. I hope you have a great rest of the week.
Hugs, Nancy

Janice said...

Kathie this is a beauty! Love the image and your super colouring. Great use of the sketch and fab colouring too, love it, Jx

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Whoopsi Daisy

Debora said...

So gorgeous! I love that your card is exploding with details. Thanks for playing along on our 200th blog challenge at The Corrosive Challenge Blog! Good luck! Hugs!

Christine L said...

Thanks for sharing your fabulous card at The Paper Nest Dolls challenge. Hope we see you again soon!

Christine x