WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Wednesday 18 May 2011

DigiStamp Boutique Images

Pretty  In Pink


Wedding Day

Good morning everyone oh where has the week gone it really feels that they roll into one, from one week to the next as my days seem to go quicker and quicker.  As Winter is approaching here in New Zealand our days are getting shorter the evenings are getting darker quicker and the temperatures have started to drop.

Well it's Wednesday and that can only mean one thing it's Sweet Sketch Wednesday
and Arlana has another wonderful sketch for us this week.

Sketch # 102 - 43
If you are wondering what the 43 after 102 is because Arlana is recycling some of her sketches occasionally and this was sketch 43 back in March 2010.  These sketches are awesome and far too good to be forgotten about and why reinvent the wheel.  I really love this sketch and I hope you do too!!! 


The design team have been lucky enough to work with images from DigiStamp Boutique, Sally-Ann is our regular monthly sponsor which we all adore and of course she has new images coming out each month and  also retires some of her older images.

This week Sally-Ann from DigiStamp Boutique is offering our lucky winner
6 Digital images of your choice
Wow there are just so many to choose from I can never make up my mind as they are amazing.  So pop over to DigiStamp Boutique and have look for yourself you won't be disappointed.




So now it's time to pop over to the rest of the team at Sweet Sketch Wednesday to see what they have produced for you this week using Sally-Ann's images from DigiStamp Boutique.   Don't forget to give the girls a little love and some sweet comments as we love to receive them as well.

Card Recipes: Card #1
Base: White SU
Coloured Card: Apple Green and Pink Bazzill
Design Paper: Kaisercraft Candy Lane Collection Tutti Frutti (I've used both sides as it's double sided)
Image: Bunch of Flowers from DigiStamp Boutique (this could be a retired image I've had it for quite some time.)
Colour Medium: Copic Markers
Tools: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities Classic Oval, Scalloped Oval, Pop Dots, Glue Dots
Embellishments: Apple Green ribbon, lace and glitter flowers from my stash.

Card Recipe:  Card # 2
Base: White SU
Coloured Card: Cream Bazzill Bling, Gold paper
Design Paper: Grant Archival Item #1610 This paper has the most amazing sheen to it (again I've used both sides as it's double sided.
Image: Love Cake by DigiStamp Boutique
Colour Medium: Copics, atyou Spica (by Copics) in Silver, Black and Gold
Tools: Cuttlebug, Classic Oval, Scalloped Oval, Craft Wire, Chipboard, Pop Dots, Glue Dots, Craft Knife,
Embellishments: Cream lace hearts ribbon with scalloped edge, cherry red satin ribbon and red flat backed pearls.

This image has legs on the cake stand I cut them off and made gold wired legs giving a 3D effect.   Also the oval frame has been cut out using the oval nestie and then mounted on chipboard to look like the image has been framed.


Challenges I'm entering:


I do hope you like my cards this week and thanks for all of your lovely comments I do appreciate them.  Wishing everyone a wonderful week of crafting and I can't wait to see what you do with this weeks sketch.

Hugs to everyone

14 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Card one is so fun and pretty - love the bright colors! LOVE the red and gold on your wedding card, what a beautiful color combo. Hope it's not getting too cold for you yet. I am hoping the sun will shine on us today, even if just for a bit.

Deanne :)

sweetbloominscraps said...

Hello Kathie~Oh how I love the richness of your Love Cakes card! Love that gold and red! The gold frame really sets off the cake! And what a fun heart ribbon that matches your paper so well! Your Bunches of Flowers is so fresh and inviting...a fabulous all occasion card! Have a great day! Hugs!
Judi

Linda Anderson said...

Hi Kathie! I don't feel winter has ever left us. Mind you, it's a ton of rain instead of snow we're getting, but I had to turn the heat on again here. My poor flowering baskets are asking why I took them from their nice warm greenhouse to my cold, cold front porch!
Your cards are lovely!!! So many wonderful details as well as gorgeous papers and colors! I applaud you for making two every week...I'm too much a slacker!!!! LOL!!! Stay warm.

Linda

mulberry station said...

Hi Kathie, I really did stop by and comment last week...but, when blogger went down, it wiped out alot of my comments and I am sure that is what happened on your end too. I loved your cards last week...as I do the ones you have made this week. I love the gold and red that you have used on your wedding card. It is gorgeous. And the heart ribbon is just perfect with your card. I love every little detail of it. I love how you have framed your cake image. Beautiful, beautiful DP too. I love your first card too. Your paper is so cute and I love the ribbon and lace trim you have used.
Great card this week!!
Hugs, Nancy

Jeannie said...

They are both just beautiful! The flowers are perfect for summer and that wedding card is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for your wonderful comments always.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Jackie Randolph said...

Two wonderful cards hun, I just love the wedding one with your beautiful papers, and details.

Nicola said...

Beautiful cards Kathie, fabulous images, papers and details. Thank you for sharing them with us at Lili of the Valley.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Genevieve said...

Gorgeous cards Kathie! I especially like the Wedding card, the red looks so pretty with the gold & White. I hope your winters not too cold, we r just heading into summer here, although in N.Ireland we don't really get a hot summer. Hope you have a good week.

Tc
Genevieve

Rachel said...

Hi Kathie, what wonderful cards you've created. They're both so bright and vibrant, I love them both! Great colouring and a fab choice of images. Thank you for your kind words on my blog last week, it meant so much to me. I'd love to give your chocolate chip and banana muffin recipe a go if you don't mind. My email is rachel_wheeler79@hotmail.com.
Thanks again. Sending hugs from Surrey, Wedgie xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh what gorgeous cards.
luv
debby

Berry said...

Lovely cards and fun dp thanks for sharing at creative card crew hugs Rebekah xx

Steph said...

Gorgeous cards! Think the flowers are my fav, especially love the papers you've used. Thanks so much for your kind comments on my blog x

Sharon Basel said...

Wow Kathie! That wedding card is so luscious with the gold shimmery paper. Quite stunning with the red accents. Are the hearts on the ribbon a paper punch or part of the ribbon - whatever it is, it's perfect with your papers and theme. And the daisy card is so perky - love those colors and your coloring too. Your cards just always amaze me how perfectly the papers are selected and the embellishments. The work of a true professional!
Hugs,
Sharon :)

Bev said...

Wonderful card, thanks for joining LOTV this week