WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 Sketch #006 Our Sponsor is Pattie's Creations


Welcome to another wonderful Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2!!!
Congratulations to our winner and to our Top 3 cards.  It was lovely to see some new faces this week welcome to SSW2.  

I've spent the last 24 hours feeling like death warmed up.  I was in the supermarket on Monday, thinking if I don't get home soon I'm going to be sick or need the toilet both ends.  I felt weak and as we are in the middle of summer I had a temperature and was freezing cold laying there with a big thick blanket on.  During the night I got worse and woke to be in a pool of water and I was burning up.  After a nice cold shower my temperature broke but I still don't feel right, I haven't eaten as I feel I still could bring it all up and I ache all over even my finger joints.    I think I'm suffering from a 48 hour bug and feeling sorry for myself. LOL

This week Sally has another great sketch and I was so happy seeing it as I bought a set of Spellbinder Hexagons about a year ago and have never used them.

Sketch #006



 Here's my take on the sketch using an image from our sponsor 
Pattie's Creations.


'Candy Hearts Jar'

 This week our sponsor is 


 Bio:  Pattie Gomez

I am an Internet Technology Professional and an Artist. I always dreamed of being an artist, but I found out quickly that I needed another field to support my family so I pursued a Degree in Information Technology. I love to use Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Fireworks to enhance my work.
I created a character called Pattieboop and her cat named Allie. I have had so much fun coming up with different images so I also created a site to sell them. You can go to my store to find out more about Pattieboop & Allie. I know you will just love them when you see them.
I have added many other images to my store in the past few years. I know have a large selection of images to fit everyone’s needs

Pattie is offering our very lucky winner 


2 Digital Images

 of the winner choice from here online store here:


Don't forget to drop by our wonderful design team over at 
Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and show them a little love and appreciation as they love comments on their blogs as well.

Challenges I'm entering:



Card Recipe:


 1. Base: White SU
2. Coloured Card: Pale Pink, Hot Pink and Apple Green Bazzill
3. Design Papers: Stripe paper one hear one mind and patterned is Sweet Treats from Kaisercraft.


 4. Image: Candy Hearts Jar by Pattie's Creations


5. Colour Medium: Copic's
 6. Tools: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Nestabilities Hexagons set, Pot Dots, Glue Dots, Real Tacky Glue, Glossy Accents which I used to cover my glass jar to make it look like glass.

 7. Embellishments: Pearl Flowers, Satin Heart, Pearl Heart, Green lace flower, Pink Pearl brad, Silver spacer and Pink and White striped ribbon which is very thick all from my stash.

 8. Inside my card.


Take care everyone wishing you all a wonderful week and happy crafting.




15 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

WOW- Kathie your card is gorgeous. Love that image and how you colored it and put the clear glossy accents on - it really looks like glass. Sorry to hear you are sick. I've got a sinus infection with bronchitis and have been coughing up a lung which makes it difficult to take care of my husband. Hope you feel better and I'll be saying prayers for you.

Dee's Craft Room said...

Such a sweet card - sorry I could not help myself! I love the image, it brings back so found memories for me, and you layout is fab.

Thank you for playing along with the Crafty Boots Bingo Challenge.

Dionne

Dee's Craft Room said...

Such a sweet card - sorry I could not help myself! I love the image, it brings back so found memories for me, and you layout is fab.

Thank you for playing along with the Crafty Boots Bingo Challenge.

Dionne

Dee's Craft Room said...

Such a sweet card - sorry I could not help myself! I love the image, it brings back so found memories for me, and you layout is fab.

Thank you for playing along with the Crafty Boots Bingo Challenge.

Dionne

Joanna M. said...

Well that's not good that you are so sick. Get well soon sweetie! I am impressed that you can still make such great cards even when you are under the weather. Sending good thoughts your way.

Mrs Beez said...

Such a pretty card and I love the jar of love hearts (which is what we call them across the pond!. Hope you're soon feeling better and thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Michelle said...

Love this card - n ow I have to go hunt down some of this candy! Thanks for joining us at Love to Create for this weeks challenge.

Sally Dube said...

LOVE your coloring of this super sweet image!! Just today at work someone gave me a sweet green Necco heart candy... yum... Yours look delicious!!
Blessings to you Kathie!!
Sally

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Oh Kathie, this card is just lovely. I too have had that bug this week...ughhhh...and my son had it at the start of this week. Oh my it's not fun.

I love that image you used and how you glazed over it. Very nice.

Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar.

Lynn, BSCB DT

Heide said...

Super cute card, love your candy colored papers and those candy heart bring back memories of being much younger and eating the hearts. Have a Happy Valentines day!
Hugs, Heide

Linda Anderson said...

Oh Kathie, I'm sorry you are so sick. Hurry up and get better, would ya!! Your card is fabulous. Love the glossy accents and your wonderful embellishments. You always have the most perfect ones. Hugs sent your way, long distance.

Linda

Unknown said...

Sweet card! Your candy looks yummy in the jar!
Thank you for joining our Color Challenge over at Love to Create Challenges this week.
Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Dorothy S said...

This is so cute - what great hearts and great things to show them off, including your hexagon.
Thanks also for the comments on my card.

mulberry station said...

Kathie, I love the glossy effect of your jar and darling hearts. I wish I had a hexagon die cut. It would make things a lot easier. I didn't have the patients to do it myself. Kathie, I did get your email. And, thank you so much for always thinking of me. Things were a little easier this year during that time. It actually hit me a month or so earlier. I appreciate your kindness and thoughtfulness. Thanks so much.
Hugs, Nancy

anne said...

What a lovely card, love the colours, image and all the little details x